About 777 Highway 119
One of the earliest patented placer claims in Gilpin County and the Colorado Gold Rush for that matter is the Homesite Placer. These early discoveries were along the ancient creek and rivers beds and according to the prospectors who made their way across the treacherous Great Plains, gold was abundant. Additional accounts in the immediate to the Homesite suggest the Spanish had mined even earlier than the Gregory diggings of 1859. It was not long after these areas were explored that paths then roads along the creek beds emerged. Today, Highway 119 follows more or less these early wagon roads and travels directly through the Homesite. The Homesite was divided at one time among early landowners and the subject property is what now exists north of Highway 119. Access couldn't be better and the opportunities for those with an entrepreneurial spirit are no doubt favorable. The property is just west of the Grand Z gas station/convenience store and just north of the water treatment facility. A rugged road is cut and the views from the top of the property are extraordinary. Address number is a place holder. Additional photos to follow.